The Progear E-Cology is a 700c Shimano Nexus internal 7 speed Revo shift Alloy step through Electric City Bike with the Bafang MAX-01 Electric Drive System. E-Cology is a pedal assist bike using the acclaimed Bafang MAX-01 E-Bike system, coupled with the 36v/11.6 AH Phylion battery that has Panasonic cells and a matched Phylion charger which complies to all required standards. The Strong and lightweight Alloy Frame is a step through style ensuring a comfortable fit for all cyclists of all ages and is easier to dismount in heavy traffic.
– The comfortable Kenda Kahn 700c tyres along with fenders and rear alloy rack ensure comfortable city and cycle path cycling.
– The SR-Suntour Pre-load adjustable suspension forks further add to your comfort.
– Power from the Bafang electric motor will assist your pedalling to get you there and back again.
– Reliable and low maintenance Tektro Alloy Forged V brakes provide all the stopping power needed
– The alloy frame, rims and components make the Progear E-Cology a light weight e-bike but with the strength where needed.
– The motor is mid drive and in general a mid drive motor powers through the drivetrain (transmission) of the bike which enables the motor to help with long & steep climbs and power up to high speeds on flat roads.
– The lower centre of gravity also provides better handling, easier to lift on and off a bike rack and removal of either wheel is easier.
– The Mid Drive Bafang motor is 26v/250w and limited to 25km/h ensuring Australian Standards compliance.
Travel distance on our Electric Bikes:
The travel distance after a full charge on this e-Bike can vary from 30km to 50km.
There are several factors that will affect how long the battery will last after a full charge.
– Level of pedal assistance – higher level of assistance will use more battery charge
– Weight of Rider & Luggage – more weight may require more power from the battery
– Terrain & Weather Conditions – Terrain & wind may cause drag, and will require more power to maintain speed.
– Tyre Conditions – Incorrect tyre pressure may create more rolling resistance
– Traffic/Route Conditions – Stop/Start cycling may use more power to accelerate up to appropriate travelling speeds.
|Frame||Alloy X6 700C × 460mm HT:?50*?44*150mm Width:130mm RC:506mm|
|Handlebars||Zoom Alloy W:610mm 33°?25.4|
|Right Shifter||Shimano Nexus Revo Shifter SL-7S31|
|Suspension Fork||SR-Suntour NEX-HLO-P, Front Suspension Pre-Load Adjustable Coil, 700C 28.6 x 25.4 x 170mm|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus RD-M370-SGS 9-SP Index|
|Rear Inner 7sp Hub||Shimano Nexus 7-Speed Internal Hub,SG-C3000-7R, 36H, For Roller Brake, 130 x 182MM, Black|
|Brakes||Tektro Forged Alloy V brakes L:110mm|
|Brake Lever||Tektro Alloy V Brake Levers|
|Mudguard||PVC Mudguards, Front & Rear|
|Front Hub||Joytech Alloy Quick Release 14G × 36H M9 × 100 × 108mm x 115mm|
|Rear Hub||Quando Alloy One Piece Forged with Disc Brake Mount and Quick Release. 14G × 36H M10 × 135 × 145mm 9 SP|
|Kick Stand||Alloy with Plastic end cap|
|Pedal||VP Trecking/Urban Pedals. Alloy Body, PP Cage, Cro-Mo Axle, 9/16?|
|Grip||Velo Kraton L?135mm Kraton black/Gel grey VLP-35 plug EN71-3 CPSIA|
|Saddle||Velo Comfort Double Density, Chromoly Rails, ArcTech Zone Cut Out|
|Chain Wheel & Crank-set||Bafang 1/8″ x 38T Chainwheel, Alloy 170mm Cranks|
|Chain||KMC 1/2? × 1/8? × 108L 7-Sp|
|Wheels||Alloy Rims, Steel QRF Hubs, 26 x 2.125 Tyres|
|Tyre||Kenda Kahn K-935 Reflex tyre, 700C × 35C 30TPI A/V, with K-Shield puncture protection layer|
|Rim||Alloy Matte Black with CNC sidewalls, 700C × 1.5″ × 14G × 36H A/V|
|Seat Post||Alloy X6 700C × 460mm HT:?50*?44*150mm Width:130mm RC:506mm|
|Head Set||Steel BED?25.4 ×?44 ×?30mm H=20.7 10Pcs.|
|Stem||Kalloy Alloy Adjustable stem ?25.4×180mm E=90mm ?25.4 -10?50°|
|Rack||Alloy Rear Rack H=367mm L=230mm|
|Rack||Alloy Rear Rack H=367mm L=230mm|
|Warranty||Lifetime warranty on frame and fork & 12 month warranty on electrical components|
|Carton Size||146 x 23 x 94 (L x W x H, cm)|
|Bell||Nuvo Allo & Plastic Bell|
|Motor||Bafang MAX-01 Drive System. 36V/250W, Limit 25km/h, CL:49mm, With controller, With battery communication, AU. Complies to EN 15194:2009+A1, Annex C. EN 14766:2005. EN14764:2005|
|Display||Bafang LCD Display, DC 36V, 0-5 Modes, UART communication, With Walk Boost and light switch|
|Battery||Phylion 36V/11.6Ah, Panasonic 2900mAh cell, With Intelligent protection board,With communication, AU. Tested to UN recommendations on the transport of dangerous goods, manual of tests and criteria. Part 111, sub-section 38.3, Rev. 5|
|Speed Sensor||Bafang Sensor, 1 Pulse, 5V, 500mm|
|Charger Information||Bafang Sensor, 1 Pulse, 5V, 500mm
Charge time of 4-6 Hours
All Bikes come approx. 80% assembled in the box. All you have to do is install the front wheel & brakes, attach your handlebars, insert the seatpost and attach the pedals. Brakes and gears may need adjustment prior to riding.
While assembly is a fairly simple process, please bear in mind that our warranty does not cover damage caused by incorrect assembly, so if you’re not confident assembling the bike yourself, we do recommend that you have your local bike shop assemble it for you.
We have assembly video tutorials covering most of our bikes: https://ebikespro.com.au/pages/product-videos